Workpieces processed by cnc machining processes, such as sheet metal processing: cutting, punching, folding, pressing, and bending. Or cutting processing: cnc turning, CNC milling, planning, grinding and drilling, sheet metal processing does not change the thickness of the material, cutting processing removes the material to change the thickness of the workpiece. Mainly refers to the processing method that does not occur chemical reaction (or the reaction is very small).
What are the main categories of "CNC Machining parts?
CNC Machining is mainly divided into two categories: manual machining and numerical control machining. Manual processing refers to the method of processing various materials by manual operation of mechanical equipment such as milling machines, lathes, drilling machines, and sawing machines by mechanical workers. Manual processing is suitable for small batch and simple part production.
Numerical control machining (CNC) refers to the use of numerical control equipment for machining by mechanical workers. These numerical control equipment includes cnc machining centers, cnc turning and milling centers, wire EDM equipment, thread cutting machines, and so on. Most cnc machining workshops use CNC machining technology. Through programming, the position coordinates (XYZ) of the cnc machining parts in the Cartesian coordinate system are converted into a program language. The CNC controller of the CNC machine tool controls the axis of the CNC machine tool by identifying and interpreting the program language, and automatically removes materials as required. Obtain a finished machined workpiece. CNC machining services workpieces in a continuous manner, which is suitable for large-scale and complex-shaped parts.
CNC Machining is mainly to process the parts we need, such as: CNC bicycle PARTS, automobile components, airplanes and other parts we want to obtain belong to the category of cnc mechanical processing. Of course, cnc mechanical processing is only the process of realizing the final product. Commonly used machining equipment includes digital display milling machine, digital display forming grinder, digital display lathe, electric discharge machine, universal grinder, machining center, laser welding, middle wire, fast wire, slow wire, cylindrical grinder, internal grinder , Precision lathes, etc., which can process precision parts such as turning, milling, planning, and grinding. This type of machinery is good at turning, milling, planing, and grinding of precision parts. It can process various irregular-shaped parts with a processing accuracy of up to Its ultra-precision accuracy is 2um.
What is the CNC Machining production process?
The production process of a machine refers to the entire process of making products from raw materials (or semi-finished products). For machine production, it includes the transportation and storage of raw materials, production preparation, blank manufacturing, parts processing and heat treatment, product assembly, and debugging, painting and packaging. The content of the production process is very extensive. Modern enterprises use the principles and methods of system engineering to organize and guide production, and regard the production process as a production system with inputs and outputs. It can make the management of the enterprise scientific, and make the enterprise more adaptable and competitive.
In the production process, the process of changing the shape, size, position and nature of the production object to make it a finished product or semi-finished product is called a process. It is the main part of the production process. The process can be divided into casting, forging, stamping, welding, machining, assembly and other processes. The mechanical manufacturing process generally refers to the sum of the machining process of the parts and the assembly process of the machine.
The process is the basic unit of the machining process. The so-called process refers to a worker (or a group of workers, a machine tool-or a work site), the part of the process that is continuously completed for the same workpiece (or for several people at the same time). The main feature of a process is that it is not Change the processing target equipment and the operator, and the content of the process is that the continuously completed work step is the part of the process that is continuously completed under the condition that the processed surface is unchanged and the cutting amount of the processing tool is unchanged. The tool pass is also called the work stroke, which is the work step that the processing tool completes once on the processing surface.
To formulate the mechanical processing process, it is necessary to determine the number of processes and the sequence in which the workpiece will go through. Only the brief process with the name of the main process and its processing sequence is called the process route.
The formulation of the process route is to formulate the overall layout of the process. The main task is to select the processing method of each surface, determine the processing sequence of each surface, and the number of processes in the entire process. The drafting of the process route must follow certain principles.
General principles for drawing up the process route of cnc machined parts
1. Machining the datum surface first: During the processing of the part, the surface as the positioning datum should be processed first, so as to provide a precise datum for the subsequent processing as soon as possible. This is called "benchmark first."
2. Divide the processing stages: the surfaces with high processing quality requirements are divided into processing stages, which can generally be divided into three stages: rough machining, semi-finishing and finishing. The main purpose is to ensure the processing quality; facilitate the rational use of equipment; facilitate the arrangement of the heat treatment process; and facilitate the discovery of blank defects.
3. Face before hole: For parts such as box body, bracket and connecting rod, the plane should be processed first and then the hole should be processed. In this way, the holes can be positioned on the plane to ensure the position accuracy of the plane and the holes, and it is convenient to process the holes on the plane.
4. Finishing processing: The finishing processing of the main surface (such as grinding, honing, fine grinding\rolling processing, etc.) should be carried out at the last stage of the process route. The surface finish after processing is above Ra08um, and slight collisions will damage it. The surface should be protected by flannel after finishing in Japan, Germany and other countries. Never touch the workpiece directly with your hands or other objects, so as to prevent the finishing surface from being damaged due to the transfer and installation between processes.
Other principles for drawing up the process route of machined parts
The above is the general situation of the process arrangement. Some specific situations can be handled according to the following principles.
(1) In order to ensure the machining accuracy, roughing and finishing are best performed separately. Because of the large amount of cutting during rough machining, the workpiece is subjected to large cutting force, clamping force, heat generation, and the machined surface has a significant work hardening phenomenon, and there is a large internal stress inside the workpiece. If rough and rough machining Continuously, the precision of the parts after finishing will be quickly lost due to the redistribution of stress. For some parts that require high machining accuracy. After rough machining and before finishing, low temperature annealing or aging treatment procedures should also be arranged to eliminate internal stress.
(2) Choose equipment reasonably. Rough machining mainly cuts off most of the machining allowance and does not require high machining accuracy. Therefore, rough machining should be carried out on a machine with higher power and less precision. The finishing process requires a higher precision machine. Processing. Rough and fine machining are processed on different machine tools, which can not only give full play to the equipment capabilities, but also extend the service life of precision machine tools.
(3) In the machining process route, heat treatment procedures are often arranged. The location of the heat treatment process is arranged as follows: In order to improve the cutting performance of the metal, such as annealing, normalizing, quenching and tempering, etc., it is generally arranged before mechanical processing. In order to eliminate internal stress, such as aging treatment, quenching and tempering treatment, etc., it is generally arranged after rough machining and before finishing. In order to improve the mechanical properties of parts, such as carburizing, quenching, tempering, etc., it is generally arranged after machining. If there is a large deformation after heat treatment, the final processing procedure must be arranged.
When drawing up the process of cnc machining parts, due to the different production types of parts, the addition methods, machine tools, tools, fixtures, hand blanks and technical requirements for workers are very different due to the different production types of parts.
Now that you’ve been introduced to the meaning of cnc machining parts, you can finally plan out which will be best suited for your application. If you want to learn more about the CNC machining services offered by Worthy Hardware, welcome to contact with us for now!
Worthy Hardware is a CNC manufacturing and sheet metal fabrication company, including CNC machining services, CNC milling services, CNC turning services, laser cutting services and stamping services. Call us +86-76989919645 or email us [email protected] for more discounts for your projects.